Saturday 14 November 2020

HOW DOES A LADY RAISED IN ALABAMA BECOME A MUSLIM?

Melanie Mahmoud
Teacher, Islamic Academic of Alabama

My husband (a Muslim) asked me to just invesigate Islam, and I didn't like it we would never talk about it again. 

So I actually set out to convert him (to Christianity), but along the way I read a lot of material about Islam, and I read the Quran, and I felt like it was for me.

I think one of the turning points for me was that (in Islam) "His money is our money but my money is my money."

I was, like "But wait a minute, on TV they don't say that about Muslim women, they say Muslim women are subjected and submissive."

A clear, Simple way
"I found Islam irresistible. It made sense of all the world's faiths.It is a clear, simple way to believe in God."
(Lucy Bushill-Matthews)

The word of God
"The Quran is the Word of God. Things mentioned in the Quran were discovered by scientists in the last 100 years. The only one who could have known those things 1400 years ago was God."
(Khadija Evans)

Logical
"Reading the Quran answered my questions in a logical manner."
(Carole Sturm)

Truth
"Other religions contain some truth. In Islam, everything rests on truth. Islam showed me The Right Way."
(Mesuda Steinmann)

Real Freedom
"Why are so many educated young women all over the world embracing Islam? I chose Islam rather than the illusory freedom of secular life."
(Nakata Khaula)

The gift of Islam
"Islam is very practical, providing guidance on every aspect of life. Right and wrong are difinite in Islam. Limits are set. I did not find this in my previous religion. I thank God daily fo the gift of Islam."
(Zahrah Riddle)

To serve God
"We are here to know, love and serve God. Islam furnishes the most comprehensive way to practice this on a daily basis."
(Nuh Ha Mim Keller)

Reason
"I did not want to trade away reason. The more I learned about Islam, the more it confirmed to what I was after."
(Michael Wolfe)

Appeals to reasoning
"Islam does not require acceptance by faith. Islam appeals to reasoning."
(Dr.Jeffrey Lang)

Reflect and reason
"I read the Quran first. Everything made so much sense. The Quran asks you to reflect nd reason."
(Yusuf Islam @ Cat Stevens)

Logic and reasoning
"The Logic and Reasoning of the Quran and the scientific facts in it made it clear to me that this was not the work of a man but the words of God."
(Ulf Karlsson)

Logical and natural
"Everything in Islam is logical and natural.I now have the peace I was searching for."
(Robin Chami)

Discovery
"I didn't read about Islam and become a Muslim. I read about Islam and discovered I am a Muslim."
(Najm Uddin Clayton)

Source: Y Mansoor Marican. Why Islam?

Copy from Perkim Leaflet
14/11/2020 : 29 Rabiulawal 1442H: 9.15 pm

No comments: