 |
| KELAPA LINE QUARTERS, JLN KAMUNTING LAMA, TAIPING, PERAK |
I was born on 2nd July 1961 at the Military Quarters in Kelapa Line Quarters, Old Kamunting Road, Taiping, Perak. I only had the chance to visit my birthplace on 2nd February 2003—it took me 42 years to see my birthplace again... this was when my family and I went on a holiday to Taiping, Perak... I can't describe how happy and excited I was at that time... you know, other people get to see their birthplace... I only got the chance after 42 years... Alhamdulillah, the house is still there...
From Kelapa Line Quarters in Taiping (1961) to Kem Sg. Besi and Pengkalan Chepa, and finally to Lembah Keramat in 2026 — 65 years is a long journey.
The house where I was born is still standing, but the person has changed. The long hair is gone, and the uniform has been folded away, but the memories remain.
Alhamdulillah for a life full of stories. This is not to boast but to record that I was once there. For my children and grandchildren, so they know where we came from.



This picture was taken while waiting for my MCE examination results... back then young people all had long hair... including me... but I only got to enjoy having long hair for a short while... after joining the Navy... there was no chance anymore.


Just an old story... just memories that never fade...
Ah, "Cinta Monyet," a term that brings back a flood of memories from our teenage years! Those were the days filled with innocent crushes, playful banter, and the thrill of first love.
I remember the excitement of passing notes in class, the nervousness of glances exchanged across the room, and the sweet anticipation of meeting after school. It was a time when love felt like a grand adventure, even if it was just a fleeting moment.
There was this one particular crush, a girl with a radiant smile and laughter that could light up the darkest days. We would spend hours talking about our dreams, sharing secrets, and planning our futures, even if we were just kids. The world felt so big, yet so small, as we navigated our feelings amidst the chaos of adolescence.
Our "Cinta Monyet" was filled with silly gestures—like trying to impress each other with our favourite songs or daring each other to confess our feelings. I remember the day I finally mustered the courage to tell her how I felt. My heart raced as I approached her, and though the words stumbled out, the joy in her eyes made it all worthwhile.
Though those feelings may have faded with time, the memories remain etched in my heart. They remind me of the beauty of youth, the innocence of first love, and the lessons learned along the way.
As I reflect on those days, I realise that "Cinta Monyet" was more than just a teenage fling; it was a rite of passage, a beautiful chapter in the story of my life. It taught me about love, friendship, and the importance of cherishing every moment, no matter how fleeting.
So here's to those long-lost stories of "Cinta Monyet"—may they continue to inspire us to embrace love in all its forms, no matter where life takes us.
As I reflect on those cherished moments, I realise how they shape who I am today. Each memory, like a thread, weaves together the fabric of my life, reminding me of the laughter, the struggles, and the lessons learned along the way.
Time may pass, but the essence of those experiences remains etched in my heart. They serve as a reminder of my roots, the people who walked alongside me, and the dreams that fuelled my journey.
So, I hold onto these memories tightly, for they are not just remnants of the past; they are the foundation upon which I build my future. Each recollection is a treasure, a story waiting to be shared with the next generation, ensuring that the legacy of our family continues to thrive.
In the end, it's these memories that keep us connected, bridging the gap between the past and the present, and guiding us as we move forward into the unknown.

Memories at Sungai Besi Army Camp
From those small quarters in Taiping, Allah took me to the Navy, to IEM, to Yayasan Jantung, and from Perlis to Sabah.
If you are reading this in the future, remember: do not be ashamed of a small beginning. A small quarters can lead to a big life. Keep the photos, keep the memories, and keep the faith.
Updated:
20 August 2026: 4.44 a.m
No comments:
Post a Comment