Monday, 7 September 2026

DOWN MEMORY LANE: TELOK MUROH, LUMUT, PERAK (1985)

 

Telok Muroh Beach, 1985
In 1985 I was with the Navy in Lumut. Lumut was our base, Sitiawan was where we went for everything else — makan, shopping, lepak.

She was working at a supermarket in Sitiawan. A Chinese girl, kind and easy to talk to. That year, we got close. Two young people, nothing serious, just enjoying time together at the beach.

This photo was taken at Telok Muroh. On the bench under the big rhu tree where the magazine seller always sat, It was a normal evening, but I kept the photos.

In 1986 I was transferred to Kuala Lumpur. She went back to her hometown in Penang. After that, we lost contact. No handphone in those days. Once you moved, you lost the address, you lost everything.

I never heard from her again. Almost 40 years now. I don't know where she is, but I still have this photo from Telok Muroh.

Sometimes a short posting leaves a long memory.

Hj Zulheimy Maamor
7 September 2026: 2.00 a.m

No comments: