Saturday 2 February 2019

APA KATA MEREKA TENTANG ISLAM, AL QURAN DAN SEBAGAINYA? - bhg 2

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels.
Of humble origins, Muhammad founded and promulgated one of the world's great religions, and became an immensely effective political leader. Today, thirteen centuries after his death, his influence is still powerful and pervasive. "
(Michael H.Hart in his book "The 100: A Ranking of The Most Influential Persons in History."


"I am not a Muslim in the usual sense, though I hope I am a "Muslim" as "one surrendered to God," but I believe that embedded in the Quran and other expressions of the Islamic vision are vast stores of divine truth from which I and other occidentals have still much to learn, and 'Islam is certainly a strong contender for the supplying of the basic framework of the one religion of the future.'"
--W. Montgomery Watt, ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY TODAY, London, 1983, p. ix.

Keith L. Moore is a professor emeritus in the division of anatomy (department of surgery), former Chair of anatomy and associate dean for Basic Medical Sciences (Faculty of Medicine) at the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He has also worked at the King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He is most known for his textbooks on the subjects of anatomy and human embryology.
"It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Quran about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, or Allah, because most of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of God or Allah".

All Muslims have memorized at least some books of the Quran and over 9,000,000 (nine million) have memorized the entire Quran, living today. All Muslims recite it in Arabic in their prayers five times a day.
(Yusuf Estes)

"Islam does not allow prejudice for or against a tribe, a color or a race. No race is superior to other races. No colors are superior to other colors. Racial discrimination and color discrimination are absolutely probihited in Islam. Islam is for everyone."
(Susie Brackenborough - Muslim revert)


"I am so very glad that I am a Muslim. Islam is my life. Islam is the beat of my heart. Islam is the blood that courses through my veins. Islam is my strength. Islam is my life so wonderful and beautiful. Without Islam I am nothing, and should Allah ever turn His magnificent face from me, I could not survive."
(Almarhummah Aminah Assilmi - director of International Union of Muslim Women, formerly a Southern Baptist preacher)

Sir George Bernard Shaw in 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.
"If any religion had the chance of ruling over England, nay Europe within the next hundred years, it could be Islam."
"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Savior of Humanity."
"I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today."

Muhammad (unlike Jesus) was a secular as well as a religious leader. In fact, as the driving force behind the Arab conquests, he may well rank as the most influential political leader of all time.
(Michael H. Hart From the 100, a Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History)


I found the Quran to be a very insightful address to heart and soul without the need for an interpreter or pastor.Eventually I hit a moment of truth: my new-found self-fulfilling activism was nothing more than merely embracing a faith called Islam where I could live in peace as a "functional" Muslim.
(Sara Bokker - Actress and Model USA)

In his book "History of the Crusades", Michel Michaud says,
" Islam, besides calling for Jihad, reveals tolerance toward the followers of other religions. It released the patriarchs, priests and their servants from the obligations of taxes. It prohibited, in special, the killing of priests for their performance of worship, and Omar Ibn al-Khattab did not inflicts harm on the Christians when he entered Jurusalem as a conqueror. The Crusades, however, did slay Moslems and burn the Jews when they entered the city."

Professor William W. Hay is one of the best known marine scientists in the United States. satellite photography and emote-sensing techniques. Professor Hay replied: I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scripture of the Holy Quran, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages. Professor Hay: Well, I would think it must be the divine being!


"Muhammad is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities. "
[Encyclopedia Britannica]

"Everything made so much sense. This is the beauty of the Qur'an; it asks you to reflect and reason....When I read the Qur'an further, it talked about prayer, kindness and charity. I was not a Muslim yet, but I felt the only answer for me was the Qur'an and God had sent it to me."
[Cat Stevens (Now Yusuf Islam), former British pop star.]

"I have read the Sacred Scriptures of every religion; nowhere have I found what I encountered in Islam: perfection. The Holy Qur'an, compared to any other scripture I have read, is like the Sun compared to that of a match. I firmly believe that anybody who reads the Word of Allah with a mind that is not completely closed to Truth, will become a Muslim."
[Saifuddin Dirk Walter Mosig, U.S.A.]

"Four years after the death of Justinian, A.D. 569, was born at Mecca, in Arabia the man who, of all men exercised the greatest influence upon the human race . . . Mohammed . . . "
[John William Draper, M.D., L.L.D., A History of the Intellectual Development of Europe, London 1875, Vol.1, pp.329-330]


We can't judge Islam by its followers. If you want to judge Islam, then do so according to its authentic sources, i.e, the Qur'an and the Sahih Hadiths.
- DR ZAKIR ABDUL KARIM NAIK

Philip K Hitti dalam bukunya The Arabs: A Short History menukilkan seperti berikut: "Moslem Spain wrote one of the brightest chapters in the intellectual history of medieval Europe. Between the middle of the eighth and the beginning of the thirteenth centuries, the Arabic-speaking peoples were the main bearers of the torch of culture and civilization throughout the world, the medium through which ancient science and philosophy were recovered, supplemented and transmitted to make possible the renaissance of Western Europe." (h 174-175).

"I often think that women is more free in Islam than in Christianity. Woman is more protected by Islam than by the faith which preaches monogamy. In the Quran, the law about woman is more just and liberal. It is only in the last twenty years that Christian England has recognized the right of women in property, while Islam has allowed this right from all times. It is a slander to say that Islam preaches that women have no soul."
(ANNIE BESANT - THE LIFE AND TEACHINGS OF MUHAMMAD)


Edward Gibbon (1737-1794), seorang ahli sejarah Inggeris, berkata mengenai al-Quran seperti berikut:
“Al-Qur’an itu adalah sebuah kitab agama, kitab kemajuan, kenegaraan, persaudaraan dan perundangan. Al-Qur’an mengandungi isi yang lengkap, daripada urusan ibadat, akidah, akhlak hingga pekerjaan sehari-hari dan daripada urusan rohani hingga jasmani seterusnya. Ia juga menerangkan segala pembalasan atas amalan manusia. Sebab itu amat besar perbezaan al-Qur’an dengan Bible. Dalam Bible, tidak ada peraturan yang berhubung keduniaan melainkan cerita untuk penyucian diri. Bible tidak boleh menandingi al-Quran kerana al-Quran bukan saja menerangkan kaitan amalan kegamaan, bahkan mengupas asas politik kenegaraan. Al-Quran menjadi sumber undang-undang dasar memutuskan semua perkara yang berhubung dengan soal kejiwaan.”


No comments: