Friday 13 September 2019

What they say about Islam, the Prophet and the Quran.

Islam, besides calling for jihad, reveals tolerance toward the followers of other religions. It released the patriarchs, priests and their servants from the obligations of taxes. It prohibited, in special, the killing of priests for their performance of worship, and Omar ibn Al-Khattab did not inflict harm on the Christians when he entered Jerusalem as a conqueror. The Crusaders, however, did slay Moslems and burn the Jews when they entered the City."
(Michael Michaud in his book "History of the Crusades")

Dr. Gustav LeBon in his book "Civilisation of the Arabs" says, "The reader will find in my treatment of the Arabs' conquests and the reason of their victories, that force was never a factor in the spread of the Koranic teachings, and that the Arabs left those they had subdued free to exercise their religious beliefs. If it happened that some Christian peoples embraced Islam and adopted Arabic as their language, it was mainly due to the various kinds of justice on the part of the Arab victors, with the like of which the non-Moslems were not acquainted. It was also due to the tolerance and leniency of Islam, which was unknown to the other religions."

Dr. Joseph Adam Pearson rightly says, "People who worry that nuclear weaponry will one day fall in the hands of the Arabs, fail to realize that the Islamic bomb has been dropped already. It fell the day MUHAMMAD (pbuh) was born."
(20 Most common Questions about Islam - Dr Zakir Abdul Karim Naik)

A Great American and a great Muslim, El-Haj Malik Shabaz @ Malcolm X wrote in his letter "America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem. Throughout my travels in the Muslim world, I have met, talked to and even eaten with people who in America would have been considered white - but the white atitude was removed from their minds by the religion of Islam. I have never before seen sincere and true brotherhood practiced by all colors together, irrespective of their color"...

"If there is much misunderstanding in the West about the nature of Islam, there is also much ignorance about the debt our own culture and civilisation owe to the Islamic world. It is a failure, which stems, I think, from the straight-jacket of history, which we have inherited. The medieval Islamic-world, from central Asia to the shores of the Atlantic, was a word where scholars and men of learning flourished. But because we have tended to see Islam as the enemy of the West, as an alien culture, society, and system of belief, we have tended to ignore or erase its great relevance to our own history."
- Prince Charles - a lecture at Oxford University

I found the Quran to be a very insightful address to heart and soul without the need for an interpreter or pastor.Eventually I hit a moment of truth: my new-found self-fulfilling activism was nothing more than merely embracing a faith called Islam where I could live in peace as a "functional" Muslim.
(Sara Bokker - Actress and Model USA convert to Islam)

"Allah s.w.t had his eyes on me...He led me down a path from where there is no turning back from, because the more I got to know about Islam, about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the more it became obvious to me that this is where I wanted to belong and it is what I wanted to be."
(Marilyn Mornington - district Judge in England convert to Islam).

"Everything made so much sense. This is the beauty of the Qur'an; it asks you to reflect and reason....When I read the Qur'an further, it talked about prayer, kindness and charity. I was not a Muslim yet, but I felt the only answer for me was the Qur'an and God had sent it to me."
[Cat Stevens (Now Yusuf Islam), former British pop star.]

"Muhammad is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities. "
[Encyclopedia Britannica]
"I have read the Sacred Scriptures of every religion; nowhere have I found what I encountered in Islam: perfection. The Holy Qur'an, compared to any other scripture I have read, is like the Sun compared to that of a match. I firmly believe that anybody who reads the Word of Allah with a mind that is not completely closed to Truth, will become a Muslim."
[Saifuddin Dirk Walter Mosig, U.S.A.]
"Four years after the death of Justinian, A.D. 569, was born at Mecca, in Arabia the man who, of all men exercised the greatest influence upon the human race . . . Mohammed . . . "
[John William Draper, M.D., L.L.D., A History of the Intellectual Development of Europe, London 1875, Vol.1, pp.329-330]

In 2006 I went on the journey of a lifetime, the Hajj, it is the big pilgrimage to Mecca. It was wonderful seeing the black Kaaba surrounded by people in prayer wearing white, so serene, so holy. On Hajj the whole universe is gathered, a king prays next to a servant, a black next to a white. You realise in front of God nothing counts but what is in people’s hearts and their actions.
- Kristiane Backer : From MTV to Mecca , How Islam Inspired my Life

"The age for the Vedas and Puranas is gone. Now, the Quran is the only book to guide the world."
(Guru Nanak)

It (Islam) was the first religion that preached and practiced democracy; for, in the mosque, when the call for prayer is sounded and worshippers are gathered together, the democracy of Islam is embodied five times a day when the peasant and king kneel side by side and proclaim: ‘God Alone is Great’… I have been struck over and over again by this indivisible unity of Islam that makes man instinctively a brother.
(Sarojini Naidu - Indian Independence Activist and poet)

"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today."
(Sir George Bernard Shaw, THE GENUINE ISLAM, Vol. 1, No. 81936.)

"The most dangerous type of knowledge is false knowledge, the perception that you do know something about an issue when in fact your understanding is either very superficial or highly biased in nature. And so what we have, I think, is a lot misinformation about Islam and about Muslims that floats around quite a bit and is reproduced through various means, particularly in the media. "
(Myriam Francois Cerrah - Former British Actress)
"Sense of justice is one of the most wonderful ideals of Islam, because as I read in the Qur'an I find those dynamic principles of life, not mystic but practical ethics for the daily conduct of life suited to the whole world."
(Sarojini Naidu  - lectures on "The Ideals of Islam", Madras, 1918)
"History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated."
(De Lacy O'Leary :  ISLAM AT THE CROSSROADS, London, 1923, p. 8.)

"I am not a Muslim in the usual sense, though I hope I am a "Muslim" as "one surrendered to God," but I believe that embedded in the Quran and other expressions of the Islamic vision are vast stores of divine truth from which I and other occidentals have still much to learn, and 'Islam is certainly a strong contender for the supplying of the basic framework of the one religion of the future.'"
--W. Montgomery Watt, ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY TODAY, London, 1983, p. ix.

Professor Keith Moore, one of the world’s prominent scientists of anatomy and embryology. University of Toronto, Canada. “It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Qur’an about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, or ‘Allah’, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of Allah.”

“Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people…” HILLARY CLINTON, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3



No comments: