Friday, 5 December 2025

KD GANYANG (1986-87)


KD GANYANG (P3504)
1st Squadron, Fast Attack Craft (Missile)
RMN Base Lumut, Perak
8 September 1986 - 29 March 1987

After serving only 4 months at the Ministry of Defence in Kuala Lumpur, I was reassigned to sea duty. This time, I was posted to KD Ganyang, under the 1st Squadron, Fast Attack Craft (Missile), based in Lumut, Perak.

I served on board KD Ganyang from 8 September 1986 to 29 March 1987.

KD Ganyang is a Perdana-class Fast Attack Craft (missile). It was built in Cherbourg, France, and was commissioned into the Royal Malaysian Navy on 28 February 1973, along with her three sister ships in the 1st Squadron: KD Perdana (P3501), KD Serang (P3502), and KD Ganas (P3503). The class was equipped with the Exocet MM38 missile system, which at the time made the RMN one of the most formidable forces in Southeast Asia.

The first commanding officer of KD Ganyang was Lt Cdr Aminuddin bin Abdullah RMN N/400153. 


During my deployment, the Commanding Officer was Lt Cdr Mohd Yusof bin Sabudin TLDM N/401184.

My stint on board the ship was cut short following a physical altercation with a superior while at sea during a passage to Labuan.





After receiving a disciplinary sentence and a subsequent transfer endorsement from the Commanding Officer, I was reassigned to KD Panah in Kuantan, Pahang.

Hj Zulheimy Maamor
14/9/2026: 1.40 p.m.

No comments: