KD PENDEKAR
2ND SQUADRON FAST ATTACK CRAFT (MISSILE)
MALAYSIAN SHIPYARD AND ENGINEERING
PASIR GUDANG, JOHOR
25.11.1984 - 5.1.1985
KD PENDEKAR is one of four vessels in the 2nd Fast Attack Craft (Missile) Squadron 'Spica M'. The ship was built at the Karlskrona Shipyard in Sweden in 1976 and was fully completed in 1979. KD PENDEKAR was commissioned on 21 August 1979 and subsequently launched on 26 October 1979 at Karlskronavarvet AB, Sweden.
The 2nd Fast Attack Craft (Missile) Squadron, also known as FAC (M) II, consists of four Handalan-class (Spica M) vessels, namely KD HANDALAN, KD PERKASA, KD PENDEKAR, and KD GEMPITA.
The first Commanding Officer of KD Pendekar was Major (Laut) Ng Chin Phing RMN N/400231.
KD Pendekar at the MSE Shipyard, Pasir Gudang, Johor.
I served on this ship for just over a month, as I was selected to attend the Leading Seaman KMR Course at KD Pelandok. This is the only ship on which I did not have the opportunity to sail. The Commanding Officer at that time was Lt Cdr Mazlan bin Ahmad RMN N/400474.
Hj Zulheimy Maamor
14/9/2026: 1.15 p.m.

No comments:
Post a Comment