BUKIT KEPONG POLICE STATION – 23 FEB 1950
The incident started at about 4:15 am before dawn with the 200 Communists attacking, led by Muhammad Indera, a Malay Communist launching a guerilla assault on the Bukit Kepong police station. Despite the odds, the policemen led by Sgt 3493, refused to surrender, although numerous calls by the communists for them to lay down arms were made. In the final hours of the fierce battle, the Communists set fire to the officer's barracks and station. Only about five hours after the first shot was fired did the communists manage to break their defences and set the place ablaze. They then retreated into the jungle, leaving a trail of destruction and bloodshed. Only 14 police officers, 8 auxiliary police and their families were killed in the incident while 4 officers such as MPC 37, PC 7645, PC 10533 and EPC 3472 wounded in the battle. Few years after the incident, the Malay Communist leader who responsible about the incident was arrested by Batu Pahat Police Special Branch detectives and hanged to death at Perak.
KILLED IN ACTION
1. Insp. AP Kudarina Naknok
2. Sgt 3493 Jamil bin Mohd Shah
3. Cpl 7068 Mohd Yasin Bin Hj Abd Wahab
4. L/Cpl 7168 Jidin bin Omar
5. PC 3933 HamHamHHamzah bin Ahmad
6. PC 5674 Abu bin Mohd Ali
7. PC 7493 Ahmad bin Jaafar
8. PC 7862 Abdul Kadir bin Jusoh
9. PC 8600 Jaafar bin Hassan
10. PC 9136 Hassan bin Othman
11. EPC 3475 Mohd Tap bin Lazim
12. EPC 3795 Jaafar bin Arshad
13. MPC 60 Ibrahim bin Adam
14. MPC 68 Awang Bin Ali
15. MPC 181 Basiron Bin Adam
16. AP 1912 Mahmood bin Saat
17. AP 1925 Ali bin Akob
18. AP 2098 Redzuan bin Alias
19. AP 2127 Othman bin Yahya
20. AP 2130 Samad bin Yatim
21. AP Embong Bin Lazim
22. AP Koh Ah Cheng
SEBERANG PERAI, P.PINANG – 22 JANUARY 1950
9 Police personel was killed by communist ambush :
1. Sgt F.R. Young
2. PC 12085 Hanasi bin Ahmad
3. PC 1917 Othman bin Hj Omar
4. PC 192 Abdul Rahman bin Wahab
5. PC 12051 Mohd Sohar bin Abd Ghani
6. PC 12894 Johari bin Mohd
7. PC 2345 Mohd Sharif bin Suleiman
8. EPC 1626 Abd Hamid bin Nair
9. SC 1638 Yeoh Chew Bhik
CHUAN SENG POLICE STATION, PONTIAN, JOHOR – 18 OCTOBER 1954
Communist attack and burned out the Chuan Seng Police Station killing 4 Police personal.
1. SC 15906 Mohd Yasin bin Mahirin
2. SC 18839 Ahmad bin Hamzah
3. SC 38006 Ahmad Wahan bin Tamby
4. SC 38055 Yasin bin Ahmad
BUKIT BERAPIT, PERAK – 17 JUNE 1968
Police personal killed in an ambush by communist on 17 June 1968 at Bkt Berapit, Perak
1. PC 1479 Abdullah bin Muhammad
2. PC 2509 Loh Ah Chu
3. PC 8365 Jalil bin Bachik
4. PC 11401 Ismail bin Mat Sidi
5. PC 14892 Nizan bin Mohd Adam
6. PC 19839 Abdul Gahani bin Mohd
7. PC 20239 Abdul Hamid bin Bakar
8. PC 23086 Chan Eng Teck
9. PC 24008 Mustapha bin Hussein
10. PC 24827 Mohamad bin Othman
11. PC 25200 Hashim bin Ismail
12. PC 25700 Abdullah bin Ismail
13. PC 30449 Ang Lock Say
14. PC 30758 Mohd Salleh bin Abidin
15. PC 30833 Ismail bin Amir
16. PC 40281 Abdul Ghani bin Daud
SUNGAI SETABAU, SIBU, SARAWAK – 6 APRIL 1975
2 Police Field Force were killed in an ambush by PARAKU communist
1. ASP Mohd Johny bin Mustapha
2. PC 1642 Nuing ak Saling
GRIK POLICE STATION, PERAK – 28 AUGUST 1975
4 Police from Grik Police Station were killed in an ambush by communist.
1. EPC 5247 Yeop bin Omar
2. EPC 5261 Sharif bin Yaakob
3. EPC Mat Alias bin Nik Daud
4. EPC 5272 Wan Marzuki bin Wan Hussein
POLICE FIELD FORCE HQ, JALAN PEKELILING, KUALA LUMPUR – 3 JUNE 1975
2 Police from PPH were killed in a bombing incident at Police Field Force HQ at Jalan Pekeliling (Now Jalan Tun Razak) , Kuala Lumpur.
1. PC 46955 Mohd Yusof bin Abdul Rahman
2. PC 49614 Abd Hamid bin Muhamad
KERAMAT PULAI, IPOH, PERAK – 3 JUN 1976
4 Police from Police Field Force were killed by communist attack:
1. 31507 Cpl Ridzewan bin Shaadan
2. TPC 63897 Yusoff bin Ismail
3. TPC 63899 Zainal bin Pandak Ahmad
4. TPC 64010 Jaafar bin Hj Mansor
** TPC 60899 Mohamad Salim and TPC Mohammad Noh Hashim was awarded Panglima Gagah Berani 1 year later.
MEMALI, KEDAH – 9 NOVEMBER 1985
4 Police were killed in the Memali Incident:
1. Inspector Azmi bin Hamzah
2. Sgt 24195 Abd Rahman bin Mohd Noor
3. PC 46940 Jaafar bin Sain
4. PC 63302 Md Suli bin Othman
NURI CRASH – 9 NOVEMBER 1989
15 Police Field Force were killed when RMAF Nuri was shot down by communist at Gunung Gerah near Perak – Kelantan border.
1. Cpl 62076 Bah Dawel s/t Pitang
2. Cpl 62456 Alang Itam
3. PC 62393 Angah s/o Alek
4. PC 62435 Ejah s/o Long
5. PC 62444 Pandak s/o Alang
6. PC 62587 Hassan s/o Itam
7. PC 68853 Che Hasnor bin Uval
8. PC 68970 Hashim bin Itam
9. PC 71834 Pandak Hashim bin Uda
10. PC 109830 Armada Chos
11. PC 112548 Hamad s/o Sodan
12. PC 114771 Alang Sabasah s/o Pab Belkoi
13. PC 114850 Arus a/k Awang
14. PC 114956 Shamsuddin bin Sharin
15. PC 114957 Sarudin bin Mat
KUALA LUMPUR – KARAK HIGHWAY – 22 JANUARY 1990
11 Police FRU were killed in an accident at KL – Karak Highway
1. Cpl 40385 Saad bin Hassan
2. CPl 56567 Mohd Hilmi bin Ismail
3. L/Cpl 50546 Shahimi bin Lazim
4. L/Cpl 88880 Mohd Som bin Putih
5. PC 66754 Wan Mazland bin Bidin
6. PC 74443 Mohd Razali bin Bidin
7. PC 89111 Sazali bin Hussin
8. PC 97225 Mohd Samsudin bin Hamid
9. PC 97347 Abd Razak bin Sharif
10. PC 110462 Mohd Lazim bin Admin
11. PC 11406 Gua Kok Kiong
- Asst. Supt . Abdul Razak bin Mohd Yusof : Sauk Incident on July 6, 2000. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- PC 49614 Abdul Hamid bin Muhammad : Killed on a bombing incident at Police Field Force Brigade HQ at Jalan Pekeliling (now Jalan Tun Razak) on June 3, 1975.
- PC 114302 Abdul Rahim bin Manan : Shot death by the member of Gang Commando on Dec.26, 1992.
- Tan Sri Dato’ Abdul Rahim bin Mohd Nor : Inspector General of Police (1994 – 1999).
- Tan Sri Abdul Rahman bin Hashim : Inspector General of Police – shot to death by the communist at Jalan Tun Perak, Kuala Lumpur on June 7, 1974.
- PC 29987 Abu Bakar bin Ngah Wahab : Killed in Action at Betong, Malaysia- Thai border on August 16, 1968. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- L/Cpl 117762 Alagesan s/o Mariyappan : Anti Narcotic Dept – shot to death while on anti drug ambushed at Desa Aman Village on October 25, 2008.
- Chan Yoke Onn: The first batch of Police Inspector trainee at Police Depot, 1947.
- Sgt. Che Wan bin Sulaiman : Stabbed to death by Tok Janggut, a religious teacher from Pasir Puteh, Kelantan on April 29, 1915.
- Chief Inspector Chin Chin Kooi : Police Special Branch, shot to death by the communist terrorist on July 12, 1973. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- PC Etin Bijam : Battle with Communist Terrorist at Sibu, Sarawak on April 29, 1972 – awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- PC Fong Thean Kit : Managed to catch criminals who had killed Cpl. Yeap Sean Hua in Setapak on 30 April, 1971. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- ASP G.C. Sanson : Killed by the Communist terrorist at Kati, Perak on April 9, 1948.
- Goh Chin Hee : Members of the Special Branch was awarded the George Medal for bravery medal against the communists in 1957.
- Inspector Gunasegaran Naidu s/o Ratinum : Police - Senoi Praaq - died during Ops Bamboo Ulu Kelantan on June 9, 1980, awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- Tan Sri Hamdan bin Sirat : Deputy Commissioner of Police at Sarawak.
- L/Cpl Hanapi bin Atan : Traffic Policeman killed when hit by a motorcyclist during a Road Block at Connaught Highway towards Cheras on August 10, 2003.
- PC 159709 Harry Sim : Killed while trying to arrest a suspected motorcycle riders in Ipoh, Perak on 5 April 2007.
- ASP Irene Lee : Officer in Charge Women Police, 1956.
- ASP J.A. Embery : shot to death by a communist at Kemaman, Terengganu on July 25, 1949.
- L/Cpl Jayabalan s/o Jayakrishnan : Anti Narcotic Dept – shot to death while on anti drug ambushed at Desa Aman Village on October 25, 2008
- Inspector Kairunisa bt Karim : one of the earliest women to serve with the Royal Malaysian Police, 1955.
- Inspector Kartar Singh : Jungle Police Squad - died in clashes with the communists in Rawang, Selangor, on July 12, 1949.
- Tan Sri Khoo Chong Kong : The Perak Chief of Police – shot to death by the Communist Terrorist on Nov. 13, 1975.
- Koraizo Abdullah : first woman to hold the position of Chief Police District (North East Penang), Sept 2. , 1996.
- Detective Ku Ahmad Ku Razak : Policeman injured in the confiscation of the AIA Building, Jalan Ampang, KL by the Japanese Red Army (JRA) on August 4, 1975.
- Sgt. 26081 Lee Han Chong : Police Field Force, shot to death by the communist terrorist on July 26, 1973.
- Inspector Lee Heng Pong : First batch of the Police Inspector Trainee, Police Depot, 1947.
- Inspector Loo Tham Tau : First batch of the Police Inspector Trainee, Police Depot, 1947.
- Corporal Manja bin Manaf : shot to death by 2 robbers at Muar, Johor on August 1, 2004.
- Inspector Mat Zain bin Mat Yasin : Killed in Action at Pasir Pinji, Ipoh, Perak on August 25, 1976. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- Supt. Mayzon bt Mohd Shahar : the first Woman officer in Federal Reserve Unit, Royal Malaysian Police.
- Cpl 75748 Md Nasruddin bin Yeop : Police FRU killed in rioting of Illegal Immigrants at Detention Camp in Semenyih, Kajang on March 26, 1998. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- Mohamed Din bin Sharif : First Malaysian Deputy Commissioner of Police.
- Tun Mohamed Salleh bin Ismail : Inspector General of Police (1966 – 1973).
- Tan Sri Mohammed Haniff bin Omar : Inspector General of Police ( 1974 – 1994).
- PC 152925 Mohd Fakaruddin bin Zakaria : Killed while trying to catch a criminal in Kg.Baru Semenyih, Selangor on Sept 9. , 2009. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- MPC 114598 Mohd Juriya bin Awang : Marine Police – drowned when a patrol boat capsized and sank on July 23, 2006.
- PPP Mohd Nor bin Abdul Razak : arrested former Philippine Army Movement in Sandakan, Sabah in 1994. Awarded Panglima Gagah Berani.
- PC 46955 Mohd Yusof bin Abd Rahman : Members of the Police Field Force who were killed in a bomb blast in Police Field Force HQ , Jalan Pekeliling (now Jalan Tun Razak), Kuala Lumpur on June 3, 1975.
- ASP Mohd Zabri Bin Abd Hamid : VAT 69 (Commando) Officer - were killed in the firefights in Hulu Perak, 1975. The VAT 69 Camp at Tasik Banding was named Camp Zabri.
- PC 9364 Muhammad bin Abd Jalil : Killed in action at Gua Musang,Kelantan on August 25, 1950.
- Sgt. Major Ngalinuh Bala : Battle with Communist terrorist at Sibu, Sarawak on April 29, 1972. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- Tan Sri Norian Mai : Inspector General of Police (1999 – 2003).
- APC Nurhafiz bin Hanafi : Auxiliary Police of KTMB killed while trying to catch the cable thieves at Old Klang Road on December 23, 2008.
- WPC 167210 Nursyazana bt Abd Razak : the first Woman Police Constable killed while on duty, was involved in a traffic accident while on duty on July 2, 2009.
- PC Othman bin Ahmad : Managed to shoot dead one of six criminals in Chuping, Perlis on Jan 10 1974. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- Superintendant Paul Kiong : Members of the Special Branch Police went to the Communist combat operations between 1966 and 1989. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- Inspector Reggie ak Deli : kill 6 communist terrorist in Bintulu, Sarawak on April 10, 1973. Medal recipients of Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- DSP S. Kulasingam : Deputy Head of CID KL - captured the notorious criminal Botak Chin in 1976.
- L/Cpl Sagadevan s/o Rajoo : Police Special Branch - executed by the Al-Maúnah gunmen at Bukit Jenalik, Sauk , Perak on May 2. 2000.
- Deputy Superintendant Sia Boon Chee : Members of the Special Branch Police, Communist combat operations between 1966 and 1989. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- Sgt. Suak bin Yatim : record as the oldest person to receive the pension at 55 years.
- PC V. Amirthalingam : Policeman injured in the seizure of the AIA Building at Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur on August 4, 1975 by the Japanese Red Army (JRA).
- SAC 1 Datuk Syed Mohd Mokhtar Syed Zubir Barakhbah : Ambush by CT’s at Malaysia-Thai border on August 11, 1971. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- PC Velu Rajavelu : The first recipient of Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa on June 5, 1961.
- Inspector Voo Soo Thiam : First Batch Police Inspector Trainee, Police Depot, 1947.
- Corporal Yeap Sean Hua : Shot dead by criminals in Setapak, Kuala Lumpur on 30 April 1971. Awarded Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.
- PC 7645 Yusof Bin Rono : Wounded during the ambush by communist terrorist at Bukit Kepong Police Station on Feb 25, 1950.
- Inspector Yusof Khan : First Batch Police Inspector Trainee, Police Depot, 1947.
- PC 67574 Zainuddin bin Hassan : VAT 69 Commando killed in Action at Ulu Kinta, Perak on Sept 9, 1984.
- ASP Zamri bin Ishak : Police Field Force – killed in Action , Ops Bamboo August 3, 1975.